Each powerup has a certain action index. This property is what sets the powerups behavior, and some other parameters change the effect. The list of action indexes is the same in Carmageddon and Carmageddon II, though Carma2's list has some more.
Each index has a certain number of integer and floating point parameters. If any of the required parameters is missing, the game will crash. Some indexes don't have any parameters.
The following is a list of indexes and their parameters.
- 0: Credits.
- Int 1: Minimum credits.
- Int 2: Maximum credits.
- 1: Sets the peds' speed. For some weird reason, if the powerup number is 2 (pedestrians with greased shoes), it won't affect the speed of their movements: just the speed at which they leave their spot.
- 2: Sets the peds' size. Used in giant pedestrians.
- Float 1: Size factor. Sets the height.
- Float 2: Size factor. Sets the left-to-right width.
- Float 3: Size factor. Sets the front-to-back width.
- 3: Explosive pedestrians.
- 4: Selects a random powerup. Used in random selection (28).
- Ints: A list of the powerups that can be chosen.
- 5: Invulnerability.
- 6: Free repairs.
- 7: Instant repair.
- 8: Timer frozen / thaw.
- 9: Sets the car's acceleration, suspension, etc. Used in hot rod.
- Float 1: Speed factor. This is either useless or it messes with the other parameters.
- Float 2: Grip multiplier. Multiplies the speed and how much the car will rise when accelerating.
- Float 3: Front suspension give multiplier. Sets how wobbly the car's front suspension is.
- Float 4: Rear suspension give multiplier. Sets how wobbly the car's rear suspension is.
- Float 5: Front extra ride height. Offsets the front wheels' height.
- Float 6: Rear extra ride height. Offsets the rear wheels' height.
- Float 7: Damping multiplier. Sets how much the wheels bounce back when they hit the ground.
- 10: Underwater ability.
- 11: Time bonus.
- Int 1: Minimum time.
- Int 2: Maximum time.
- 12: Bodywork trashed.
- 13: Drugs.
- 14: Sets the opponents' acceleration. Used in turbo opponents.
- 15: Sets the cops' acceleration. Used in turbo cops. It has no effect.
- 45: Pedestrian repulsificator. Read #38 for the parameter's description.
- Float 1: Power.
- Float 2: Up factor.
- Float 3: Spin factor.
- Float 4: Max distance.
- 46: Extra APO.
- Int 1: Armour increase. -1 maxes it out.
- Int 2: Power increase. -1 maxes it out.
- Int 3: Offensive increase. -1 maxes it out.
- 47: Extra APO slot.
- Int 1: Armour increase.
- Int 2: Power increase.
- Int 3: Offensive increase.
- 48: Drink driving.
- Float 1: Amplitude. Sets how much the Field of View changes. If this value is too high, the camera FOV might be upside down: a common effect when increasing a game's FOV too much.
- Float 2: Min period. Sets the minimum interval at which the FOV wobbles back and forth, in milliseconds.
- Float 3: Max period. Sets the maximum interval.
- Float 4: Impulse. This option doesn't seem to do anything.
- Int 1: Points multiplier.
- 49: Pedestrian flamethrower.
- 50: Pedestrian Valium.
- 51: Powerup cancellificatinizer.
- 52: Mutant tail thing. Changing these parameters has no effect. These options must be changed on the GENERAL.TXT file.
- Float 1: Mass of each segment.
- Float 2: Mass of ball at end.
- Int 1: Number of segments.
- 53: Sever tail.
- 54: Cloaking device.