Like everything, none of the Carmageddon games are perfect, so glitches (also known as bugs) are more than likely to occur. Some may be harmless, while others can make a race incompletable.
This page lists all (or most) known bugs.
- Name: Most glitches don't have a name, so the name given just helps to identify them.
- Reproducibility: How often can this glitch be reproduced. Low, Medium or High.
- Cause: Why this happens.
- Code: Caused by some coding flaws, such as allowing a variable to reach unwanted values.
- Engine: Caused by a problem with an engine: physics, sound, graphic, etc.
- Design: Caused by faulty location, model, etc. design.
- Harmless: No if the glitch can make the game unplayable or have other serious effects. Yes otherwise.
Carmageddon and Carmageddon II
Carmageddon and Splat Pack
The Supperssor's gear counter.First line
: Reverse, N, 1, 2, 3,Second line
: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- The Suppressor's gear counter is graphically incorrect, showing bits of the surrounding numbers above and below the current one, and gears 7 and 8 are just garbage graphics.
- If the player wins a race with a lot of spins in mid-air, they'll be granted a Cunning Stunt bonus when the next race starts, provided they haven't landed after winning, and that the game hasn't been exited in the meantime. Video
- The map in Industrial Action highlights the previous checkpoint instead of the current one.