NutKenz is one of the three Kickstarter backer characters. He was designed by Ken Devo in partnership with Stainless Games as Ken's reward for pledging $10,000 during the Kickstarter Campaign for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Being a newcomer, NutKenz and his vehicle appear exclusively in Carmageddon: Reincarnation
Nutkenz appears as a blonde muscular man wearing a green t-shirt with a 'Venom' logo. Out of all the 10k Kickstarter backers, Nutkenz most closely resembles his real-life persona.
|Carmageddon: Reincarnation vehicle|
|Vehicle Type||Rear-engined Supercar|
|0 - 60 mph in||2.5s|
|Strength (1 - 10)||2.2|
|Description||Nutkenz has a car with real bite – the Snaky Bastard is super-quick and strikes like a cornered cobra!|
Snaky Bastard appears as a dark green, two-seater supercar with two snake-like 'fangs' attached to the front. Snaky Bastards key features appear to be based on reptiles such as a snake skin-like body texture, fanged appendages protruding from the front of the vehicle, and curved, blade-like protrusions on the hood reminiscent of a spitting cobra snake. The cars design is an amalgamation of several vehicles, with the rear being similar to the 2012 Arrinera Venocara concept car and the front and greenhouse loosely resembling a Lamborghini Gallardo. The doors are inspired by the gull-wing style doors seen on cars like the DeLorean DMC-12 and Mercedes-Benz 300 SL]. The car also features a large single exhaust tip that constantly spits flames.
In-Game model vs Concept Art
As with any artwork versus its in-game counterpart, some of these changes are likely made to improve the driving experience.
The concept artwork features:
- Different wheels, The wheels featured in the concept art strongly resemble the ADV05S wheel series made by ADV1
- A side exhaust close to the front end (the vehicle being rear-engined, thus it makes little sense to have a muffler closer to the front)
- The car also appears to have a longer wheelbase but this could be due to perspective errors
- More detailed front 'fangs'
- Slightly different front lights
- The 'Venom' text has been edited out of the in-game model, leaving only the snake logo
Acceleration is excellent and the car can easily top 170mph on straights. Unusual for a sports car, Snaky Bastard is rather resilient and is able to take a considerable amount of punishment before being wrecked. The car's small size makes it easy to evade opponents as well as fitting through tight spaces. Performance suffers off road and the car is prone to understeer, as well as spinning out on gravel and snow. The low ground clearance also makes it unsuitable for wall climbing as it tends to bottom out on steep hills. Never the less, Snaky Bastard is a great overall performer early on in career mode and is a great choice of vehicle when upgrading from the Eagle R.
Snaky Bastard Features seven color variation skins, and one special unlockable skin
- Snaky Classic
- Garter Snake
- Coral Snake
- Rat Snake
- Blue Indigo Snake
- Redbelly Snake
- Black Snake
- Spitting Cobra (Complete the CAN DIE CRUSH SAGA Challenge to unlock this skin)
- Snaky Bastards original name was Venom (as seen on the concept art) but was changed due to the real life Hennessey Venom GT claiming the name.
- Despite the vehicle card claiming a top speed of 170 mph, the car can reach well over 200 mph on long straights.
- Unlike the Annihilator which has a permanent Hot Rod power up on at all times, The constant flames shooting from the rear exhaust are purely cosmetic.
- Snaky Bastard shares the same engine model with The Twister
- The area under the intake manifold houses a differential instead of an engine block and transmission as well as the engine being incorrectly labelled "supercharged v8".
- Supercars are typically mid-engined, Snaky Bastard has the engine is situated unusually close to the very back of the car.
- 'Spiritus' the second set of of unlockable rims for the Stiffshifter resemble the wheels seen on the Snaky Bastard concept by Doug Telford.
|Drivers in Carmageddon: Reincarnation (cat)|
|Main driver||Max Damage · Die Anna|
|Cops||The Cops · The Cops Special Forces · Compact Unit: Nil Threat|
|Regular drivers||Brothers Grimm · Don Dumpster · Ed 101 · Halfwit Harry · Hammerhead · Heinz Faust · Ivan the Bastard · Kutter · Otis P Jivefunk · Psycho Pitbull · Screwie Lewie · Stella Stunna · Stig O'Sore · The Terrible Twin · Val Hella · Vlad|
|Kickstarter Drivers|| ·Roman · Nutkenz · Twig N. Berries